2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
½ cup onion, small dice
½ cup celery, small dice
1 clove garlic, minced
½ teaspoon sage
½ teaspoon thyme, ground
1 slice white bread, crusts removed
1 tablespoon milk
12 ounces ground turkey
1 egg white, lightly beaten
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
½ teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon pepper, black cracked
- Spicy cranberry sauce
5 ounces fresh or frozen cranberries, rinsed
½ cup water
½ cup sugar
2 tablespoons diced jalapeno, seeded or unseeded
1. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat, add onion, celery and garlic. Cook until onions are translucent, about five minutes. Stir in sage and thyme, cooking one minute. Remove from heat and set aside.
2. Pour milk over the slice of bread in a bowl and let soak for a few minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Spray with cooking oil.
4. Mix turkey, onion mixture, salt and pepper in bowl. Squeeze out as much milk as you can from the bread and tear it into pieces over the turkey mixture.
5. Add lightly beaten egg white and with your hands, blend the meat mixture.
6. Use a 1 ounce scoop to make 15 meatballs.
7. Place on prepared baking sheet and place in 400 degrees oven for 20 to 25 minutes. Serve warm with spicy cranberry sauce.
1. Heat water and sugar in a sauce pan over medium high heat until boiling.
2. Add cranberries and jalapenos, bring back to boil, reduce heat and simmer until the cranberries have burst, about 10 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and cool. Serve at room temperature.